TaxTally Fuel Tax Update
NEED HELP WITH THE UPDATE? View our tutorial video here.
The following fuel tax update is available to Prophesy TaxTally customers with an active Prophesy CompleteCare subscription. To complete this update you will need the password that was emailed or faxed to you by Prophesy.
For help with installing this update, a tutorial video is available here. If you need further assistance or did not receive the password, please open a support ticket.
Important Note for Adobe Reader Users
If you use the latest version of Adobe Reader, you might be unable to open IFTA forms due to Adobe’s new security features. To fix this issue:
- In Adobe Reader, click Edit > Preferences.
- Select the Security (Enhanced) category at the left.
- Uncheck the Enable Protected Mode at Startup and Enable Enhanced Security checkboxes.
- Click OK. The changes will take effect next time you open Adobe Reader.
Important Installation and Filing Reminders
- If your base state uses rate codes, you must install this update before filing.
- This update must be installed from a computer that has access to TaxTally.
- TaxTally must be closed on all computers, including the computer that will be performing the update.
- If you are using an Agency or Multi-Fleet version of Prophesy TaxTally, you must repeat the steps in Utility > Update Tax Rates for each fleet/company in your system.
- Prophesy Transportation Solutions is not responsible for incorrect fuel tax filing. You must verify your own fuel tax rates, rate codes, and report totals before filing tax returns.